FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

VIP....they already came today.

My VIP's just left. Not the ones that were due to come; but ones that truly embody VIP. I'll even roll out a red carpet when the arrive next time. Or at least make sure there's no doggie bags (and I don't mean leftovers) to greet them on the front porch!

I have two wonderful friends that showed up today, to view in living color, my nine shades of beauty going on (F asked me not to get out of the car, in my jams; hair was bad enough!) to help me through what could have been a Very Rough Patch.

They did it without my asking; they knew, I'd a VIP coming, and, that the house was rather...not VIP ready...one showed up with yatte's, (not the decaf ones, so we found ourselves bouncing off the walls) ... the other, called, to say he was five minutes out, would I like some company while I prepped the house?

He arrived, she already here; I'd been procrastinating, trying to to deal with the fact that my Uninvited Guests were coming, I didn't want them to, so the longer I sat there drinking a yatte, the less time I'd have to freak out. After the Hello Thing, he jumped into it - where are we shoving (insert toy here), where is the vac attachment to suck fur off sofa, chairs, floor and dog? They dusted. Wiped. Polished. Stacked books, let the puppy in and out and in and out and - well, you get the picture. I kind of wandered, doing this and that - yes, I helped clean my own house too - but the thing is, I wasn't embarrassed that they saw my house in all it's Lived In Glory.

Wait, let me get the door while you're handling the Outdoor Portion of today's program - in about an hour, my house was done, pictures were framed; I don't know how to repay them. Or even properly thank them...the bursting into tears part? They went, got lunch, I got in the shower, blowdried, tried to find something presentable yet totally on the Comfy Cozy list of items in the closet.

Checked in on Foxy's farm, on farmville. He loves it. I'll learn to love it too. :)

I'd like to say I'm the kind of friend who'd drop everything, skip the gym, or whatever, to be there when my friends need me; I can only say, that these two? They were here today. When I needed them the most; for that, I'll be forever grateful.

Since damn VIP isn't coming til next week, I'd better repay them damn fast, so I can get them to come back!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is always amazing how a new, caring friend can suddenly appear in one's life when it's least expected -- and most valued. And that works in both directions.

    ReplyDelete