FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Floaters

Getting ready to zip Fox over to Police Department - is drop off day with his dad.

I've an entire 30 hours with myself.

How did this morning start off? Quite well in fact! Seems Volcanic Ire remained "resting", dog went potties outside, Fox took her for a stroll, got in shower, went to get dressed - only to find?

Contacts. Floating. In. Toilet. The case was not closed. Two slightly tinted contacts winked at me, while lazily swimming around.

Yes, I've just cleaned the toilet, yesterday, within an inch of it's life - but.....they're IN THE TOILET.

A gf tried to tell me it's okay, that water is cleanest water there is - and she knows this because I told her this, in relation to : when you're stuck in a house after an earthquake. That's the water you drink first (if you've not prepped for this kind of emergency. We live in MA. There's very little chance I'll ever need to hydrate myself from that bowl) - so it'd be okay, right?

Really? Would you use a toothbrush that fell in there? No? Hmm, but I should stick that water in MY EYES?!?!?!?

*insert stomach grabbing, snorting laugh here*

Perhaps I should note, they're disposables, bi-monthly, so it's not as though it was my only pair - but I'm cheap. I make each pair last as long as humanly possible (shy of that icky infection I got a couple years back my "abusing my contact lenses") - this foray into the bowels of the bowl (ew, that was a bad pun, sorry) cut their lifespan more than in half.

I opened them, four days ago.

Thus: yet again, Fox: 1. Mama: 0.

Am so stopping for a latte. I deserve one for not blowing my lid over that!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment