FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Lost books, good things, no laundry

Fox: in bed. "Not tired".

Pucker Up: next to him. In bed. Exhausted.

Mama: looking for lost book, considering throwing in one last load of laundry (decision made: not going to happen) before climbing into bed, in mismatched jams. Would be reading, if could locate said book.

Went online, as last ditch effort awaiting response from our adopted Twin Paratroopers (yep, we adopted some soldiers, as they've no one, through the US Adopt A Soldier Program) as to number of guys/gals in his unit, so the box we put together tonight can get posted tomorrow. Found some quirky, fun games to send, as well as some poker chips, as they're up in the mountains (my guess, they say they've snow, not sand) since currently, they may well be using rocks. Or multi-hued snow. Ewwww. Added chocolates, lots of them, (they won't melt!) -

Instead?

I find that match.com has sent me 5 new matches!! Aren't I excited?

No.

Not. At. All.

But. I did this for Fox; so I'll make a token effort. I admit: I'm a snob, I try to hide it, but I am. A bit. (makes me slightly less snobby that I can and HAVE admitted it) I don't think Orchard Beach, a rental house with four college buddies, my son and I qualifies as an "ideal vacation", I don't do camping, find the opening line "wazzzzup!" a complete turnoff, and, am constantly amazed at the ones so-called "hand picked" for me, all seem to live far enough away, that they feel it's too far to even email me. (I really appreciate that, honestly, I do; but from another perspective, seriously? forty minutes on a straight shot on the pike is too far?) If everyone was meeting such high quality folks so close to home, then why would we need to even be on such a site? Hmmm?

I also don't understand why it is, I'm constantly paired with guys who do not want to date someone with children - they want their own; not someone else's. Please, tell me, does the computer settings which send out all these ridiculous matches not actually realize I come with a child? Trust me on this one: he's not imaginary. He's not going to boarding school (don't tell him, I'll lose all threatening power) and he lives with me. All. The. Time.

I'd find some of it amusing, were it not that I'm still trapped in my Raging Bitch pants - it also, makes it very easy to tell Fox honestly: no honey, there is no one I want to wink at, email, talk to, or date.

There is an upside: quite lovely for a change to be on the end to say no, thanks. I'll pass on that...the goatee is too much, the picture of your back, standing next to your "hot" car leaves me cold, instead? I'll go back to what I'd said to P that night, out - Eye Candy. They can look, they may flirt - hell, I may flirt back - but Im a look but don't even think about touching kind of girl. Kinda finding my sea legs, ya know? Conversations: excellent. Getting my phone number: Not going to happen. I'm okay with this - in fact?

It's a Good Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment