FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Come again?

Jonathan is sweet. Funny. Articulate. Thoughtful. Handy. A fabulous dad. I mean, a really GREAT dad. Still has all con's from previous list, but the pro side? Keeps growing. I'm even allowing him to store things in my basement til he finds a home for them.

Scares the ever living crap out of me, if you must know.

He gets that I'm a little things girl, that he totally has to "prove", as crappy as that is, that he values my friendship first, and then? if we're lucky? something might happen. He'll have to wait 6 months, at least for any Good Stuff to occur.

Sucker didn't even bat an eye at the 6 month part.

I did see the inside of his house (the apple wallpaper border plus lack of reaction to 6 month comment did lead me to ask if he wasn't gay. FYI: does not kiss like he's gay. Ooookkkkaaayyyy. Good to know.)

He hears me tell Fox that I need to buy new milk, not to worry, I'll go tomorrow to the store... He shows up with a full gallon, of whole milk.

(when you're raised on powdered skim milk, trust me, fat as you may get, you won't do anything less than 2%)

He went to NYC for work; I'd had One Of Those Days, of the Ugly Kind, he called (of course, he always calls, right when he says he will) so when I explained the entire Layers of Cake Theory to him, today being the Ice Cream Cake from Baskins Robbins, only I didn't feel like being seen in public-he got it. Asked if I wanted to talk about it; instead, had me laughing with tales of his dealings in NYC.

Upon his return, from NYC, he asked if he could drop by, (which is perfect timing as Fox wants me to build him a trundle for his bed. After all, I did get a drill for Xmas) so I say but of course! No one measures like a man - added bonus: if it gets screwed up? It's not my fault! See? Perfect timing!!

He arrives bearing white pastry boxes.

With something in them.

Oh. My. Goodness. I might have nearly orgasmed right there. Which totally worked to my benefit, as I then sent him and Fox upstairs to measure, plan, draw and organize what we'd need to create this trundle bed thing. In case you were curious? He's excellent taste in pastries.

F told him that I had a Pen Issue; that I collect Letter Writing Pens, as I'm constantly getting them used by someone else (gee, take a guess) so when he was at Staples, and he bought a set for himself, they came in pairs, so he shows up with a baggie of pens. The Really Good Kind. A variety of colors.

What is wrong with this man?

He asked Fox if it was okay if he asked his mom out on a date - naturally, my son takes all the time to say "Yes! I want a dad!" as someone else might take a breath - but since he knew all the stuff I'd dumped on the table while being Valentine's Date From Hell, he apparently didn't actually drive off the road and into a tree. Good thing, as he'd taken Fox to get donuts, so I could have a minute to try to tame my hair (pointless waste of time on a Sunday morning) or perhaps, get my Good Attitude out of hiding.

He wanted to ask Fox if it was okay first.

How sweet is that? I think he's so sweet he might be rotting my teeth.

I've labored under the impression that there is truly nothing wrong with this man. Trust me, I've looked. (other than the Con's listed in an earlier post - in case you forgot, tramp stamp, and, er, his hood) -

Til I found out that we've already slept together.

I didn't even get to finish!

Turns out, that Big Mike, lowlife Coast Guard (that we don't respect, at all, any of us, remember?) worked in the same plastic surgery office at the hospital as Jonathan's wife - Ex-wife at the time- but really, semantics are so not the point.

Big Mike has no problem evidently, shitting where he eats: he slept with Jonathan's ex-wife.

Do you see? Really? What this means?

We've already slept together.

I swear, we had identical expressions of horror, rearing back from our places on the couch, staring in shock that okay, yes, there were a lot of coincidences so far: our children go to the same school, we live less than 4 minutes from each other, I'd driven past his house everyday for years during football season, baseball parades, and drop off to B, we work in the same office park for Christ's sake! and yet, we'd never met- but this?!

This by far outweighs all of them. It's very clear I've never slept with anyone my ex-husband slept with, and he slept with everyone, so it comes as a bit of a surprise that I meet someone amazing, and he's already slept with me.

Guess that makes the whole 6 month thing rather pointless.

In true Rosebud form, I've debated for a long time, what this means, and all I can come up with? Bottom line?

Was he good enough to repeat the experience? If so, I'd for damn sure better finish.

That way, nice girls may come in last, but at least we get to finish.

1 comment:

  1. That was a long path. Amazing how life can come back around that way. Makes you think....Hmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete