FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tripple Sec = Pound cakey goodness


Orange kissed pound cake - of the Real Kind - went into oven.....love love love how the house smells with pound cake. So...sensual.

Or, it could be the hit of tripple sec I took, which I also used in place of vanilla, as I ran out. Tripple sec had been in cupboard for a while - I simply can't use past their prime ingredients! Naturally, I took nine of my free range, highly cared for chicken eggs out to warm up to room temp - though I did wonder if any of the dye they use to stamp Eggland's Best onto egg gets into egg-ish-ness itself; which is why I tasted Tripple Sec.

Seemed like the right time to me.

Double sifted the flour, in the 23 minutes it took to appropriately beat one pound of butter (unsalted) into submission, and then add in one pound of sugar (2 cups for you keeping count), beating until nearly the color and consistency of whipping cream, partially whipped. (not stiff peaks - you won't find a stiff peak around here for any reason) Add eggs, in four batches - interesting to note? 9 eggs = 2cups =16 ounces=1 pound of eggs! Right, add half a cup at a crack, mixing on medium, til thoroughly blended.

It took a while. Long enough for another wee taste of tripple sec, which honestly? Mixed much better with the juice I had on hand, than alone. Bit much alone. However, in mixture? Double the amount called for. Add double sifted flour and coarse salt in four batches, blend, pour into greased bundt cake, and viola.

House smells lovely.

Mellow buzz quite lovely as well. As not picking up child for several more hours, am going to lose all buzzedliness by heading out into frosty weather to take Fucker Up and Piss Me Off for a walk.

Nothing kills a wee buzz like a whiney puppy.

Leads me to add one more step to recipe:

Take dog to daycare, invite friend over, as then is less pathetic than sampling the "cake flavorings" alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment