FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dressed....in white???


Do I bother alerting my son that the pants he's wearing are technically karate pants?

That he's not worn for years?

That they're white? That it's well past labor day, thus, we don't wear white?!

Or, do I simply bask in the joy that is a dressed child, ready for school, down to his almost shoe shod feet, completely abandoning my own sense of Inner Fashionista that is screaming:

"WE DO NOT WEAR WHITE PANTS ANYTIME AS A MAN UNLESS YOU ARE ON A BOAT, AND, IT'S FRIGGIN' WINTER!!!!"

Thankfully, at least today (find some wood, knock on it) he's not in the position of the cross, naked, complaining he's nothing to wear, he's not going to school today. Nope, instead, I'm attempting to tape up the loose ends of the laces in the red and silver shoes that match the white, red and black jersey, sported with the white karate pants.

I'm having a stroke looking at him.

He's added the equivalant of a felt fez.

I recall the days when he'd dress like Batman, down to the cape, and we had to wear the cape everywhere we went -grocery store, Target, Dr.s office, anywhere involving exiting the house. And God forbid we lose the cape. (Which happened. Twice. I remade cape, late at night, hoping that the sound of the tv would mask the whirring of the sewing machine)

We've gone through the I'm Not Wearing Any Undergarments To School. Ever. Mama. Period. End of Discussion....into I'll dress myself, so long as there are clothes downstairs, that do not fall in the Itchy, Too Tight, Turtleneck, have Wrist Hooks, or You Picked It Out, I Never Said I'd Wear It catagories.

Thank you, Fox, for pointing out I awoke with hives on my chest and neck - most likely from Pucker spending a good portion of her early morning "kissing me lovingly".....God help me if it was right after she kissed her butt lovingly.

Am now going to do Good Mom Deed of the day: I'll thank him for getting ready, all on his own, including the much fought over sock issue; for brushing his teeth, and I'll slam mine together before any unkind fashion "helpfulness" spills out, only to hurt his budding sense of his own "Look".

Maybe upon returning home, I'll take a quick belt of vodka as a reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment