FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Date.


Swapping emails with J, quite a few of them, really, and when I was so pissed with something stupid that B did (dissed my son, again) he offered an ear. I was all, no, really, you totally don't want to hear about my mundane crap in my life....we've only emailed, this is SO not the first time you want to talk to me! He says, let me make that choice.....

He called.

Has lovely voice. Got play date for F. Dropped him off. Freaked over clothing choice.

Freaked over mostly everything.

Pushed that voice that says all those horrible things to the far back of my mind, and decided that really, since I wasn't ready for dating, I would make it a Passive Aggressive I'm So High Maintenance Date From Hell that he'd run screaming in the opposite direction.

Picked out khaki's with pink whales on them (he didn't even blink an eye - admitted later, he didn't love them, but I wasn't dressing for him) with twinset - drew the line at the pearl earrings, as really, didn't need overkill. He was not only on time, but, brought flowers. Gorgeous mix of roses, lillies, winter berries....am touched. Didn't have to. I wasn't doing the whole Valentine's Day Thing, which he knew. Pucker? Loved him. Or, could be his long hair cat. (yikes).

He'd already gotten some gist of issues....so I answered honestly, awaiting the moment he made movements toward the door - only.....

He never did.

Let me hold the keys. (yeah, I know, I should get over my whole Being Left Behind Thing) Gave me his jacket, when I was freezing to death in front of the window, at this really cool little spot in town, where I was pretty damn sure I wouldn't run into anyone I'd have to introduce. Or deal with their snide faces and remarks. I'm not up for that yet.

He's really cute. Tall enough, but not tall enough to Loom Over Me - held hands on the way home, careful of my Hot Glued Thumb.....when we got back here?

He asked for his jacket back, in that slowly really sweet way of pulling the lapels closer and kissed me. Asked me after third kiss if it was okay; told him he'd have known by now.

Good kisser. um, really good kisser.

So Pros: very sweet, not scared off by whole...fall thing...., good kisser, not into rushing; great dad, I mean, GREAT dad, which is HUGE.....and he didn't even bat an eye at the Lilly pants.

Cons: not circumcised. (could be overcome I suppose) and long hair stupid cat to which I'm HIGHLY allergic. And apparently? Doesn't like other animals. Seriously? And this is supposed to go somewhere ....again....how?! He has a CAT! But he sleeps on the "right" side of the bed, not sure how he managed to finagle that one into the convo...oh, and? no back hair. Whew!

Laughed. Hard. For the first time, in a long time, like that; loved that he was honest, about everything; and didn't seem to even think it weird that I like to hang onto the keys, so he couldn't leave me behind. Ate more of his lunch than mine - his was better - which he totally gathered -

Oh, and the best part?

He wants to keep the date we had set for next week.

Me too.




No comments:

Post a Comment