FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Friday night....


I went out Friday night. I'm quite impressed with myself, to be honest: found the cutie bra, the white button down with the open neckline and the empire waisted tie, size 2 jeans, heels, and my God, make up.

It's been a while, since I've stepped into my Big Girl Going Out Clothes, and went out. Met up with some friends - newish ones, I'll admit - who are just too damn fun. The bartender? Unfortunately named is he, but a cutie, put up with the array of shit I decided to dish out - clearly, the Game Face is making a faster recovery than the rest of me. Long live the game face! I'd forgotten how fun it can be, to only worry about being....me...with no one to impress.

See, P and J are dating, and while (I got an earful on this one) I could totally date P at the same time as J, seeing as how they stay together by also, umm, staying apart, I'm not that kind of girl. I'm the kind that our lovely salon owner wants P to settle down with - charmingly sweet, a down to the toes good girl, great cook, good in bed - wait, maybe that's what J added - anyway. P doesn't want that. He wants wild child, slightly inappropriate, lets him do what he wants, no strings attached. To top it all off, they really are very sweet together...he feeds her bites of this and that; calls her pet names, she's an absolute riot.

But.

I don't share.

Ever.

So, lovely though he is, clearly, we're meant to be a fabulous threesome (not that kind) as honestly? I've not laughed that hard in eons. Bit the hell out of my cheek though, and had one too many pear martinis - I keep forgetting, if I was a lightweight before, I'm double now. Pear martinis however, I think are my new fave. Mr. Unfortunately Named Bartender mixes a perfect one. (rumor has it that he used to dance in an "all male review"- but that's, like, high end singles parties, right? not scary, dimly lit gay strip bars....right? - really, let's not leap to any conclusions, rumors are only that, yes?!?!) J has no boundries, happily poking her nose in all and sundry places; no topic too off limits - oddly enough? It totally suits her. Really, is the antidote to P's slightly, er, neurotic stuff, and being bookended between them?

Refreshingly hysterical.

I wonder if we can get the bartender to change his name.....








No comments:

Post a Comment