FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Can't beat 'em? Show 'em

I started a class, on the way to (perhaps) yet another new career - just in case the like, seven, I'm juggling aren't enough to keep me hopping....anatomy and physiology. It's a long story, boring in bits (most of them) but pertinent in some....first, let me just say, I labored under the misguided impression that there was no lab to this class. In fact, upon registration, it clearly states: No. Lab.

Perfect. Books arrived, CD's included, and we were off on a journey of self-discovery - literally, we were discovering how the self works. I read the opening chapters. Made some notes. Let my highlighter do the walking; end of Chapter 3 says to insert CD into laptop, for review.

Oh. My. God.

They reviewed by showing us up close and personal the "disection" part of the class, online. Kind of like a train wreck? I couldn't look away - horrified, nauseated- but hell, if my older sister could do this live (oh boy, that's a lousy and unintended pun) I can do the damn thing online. I labeled the parts with the flags after suffering through the Y-incision. Fox was riveted.

Fox remains fascinated with this class: the 58 pound medical dictionary I'm currently using to work out my upper body, hefting it from one place to another; the coloring book study guide, the online practicum.   I worried, for a short period, that perhaps, this was unsuitable - however, as I'd already touched base on the basics of human anatomy a long time ago (feel free to flash back to the post where we discussed our burgeoning erections at three, and why it was we didn't fondle them, say, in public) what's a little lung alvioli between family?

Yes, I'm getting to the pertinent point here: he's entering his Dirty Phase. The one involving long stretches of time between bathing, as though we live in the 1800s, our clothing stitched right onto us, bathing involving falling into the horse trough while trying diligently to trim their hooves. Accidentally in other words. Without soap being a key factor. He's so sweaty at the end of the day, his hair is plastered to him, his feet? Oy.

So fine. You don't want to bathe? Let me show you what happens to your skin when you don't wash - your penis falls off. (I had to go for the goods, he's all about his goods) I dug up a photo of a guy with gangrene....he was in the shower for about 45 minutes tonight. I'm down a bar of soap; he's reported we're out of shampoo.

I have a feeling that my hygiene bill is going to go through the roof....but hey, he'll be clean enough his penis won't fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment