FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Dog Date.


Foxy's been hounding me to meet someone.

I should be moving on, right? God knows he already has - I should have realized this, but I didn't, so when I heard? Well.

I moved around some furniture.

Bawled my eyes out - except let's face it: he's not worth the puffy eyes and snotty nose.

So that guy, online, that I've not mentioned, who's been kind, funny, and thinks it's totally fine that not only did I say right off the bat I'm a chicken, a BIG one, but I wasn't in the mood to meet anyone, I'd only done it for my little guy -he understood. Thinks the whole profile, which does indeed, apparently, come across as I'm Looking For A Meal Ticket And Parent For My Child is hysterical; anyway. Turns out, that we go to the same dog park (yep, that means he's got a dog, not just some creepy dude that borrows a dog from a friend to meet chicks). He figured, T, that is, everyone needs a friend.

Plus, my dog does need to run more.

He emailed, asked if I'd like to go walking, in the dog park. Read: totally non-threatening, can leave at anytime, always people out there, should I feel threatened, or nervous, or decide I don't want to be there or am creeped out.

Turns out? We've run into each other at the park before. Yep, he'd seen me with M. He gets it that I'm Not Dating Anyone. The puppies ran, he brought me coffee, we walked, froze our ears off, watched all the dogs in the park roll in horse poop, and for a while? I had an adult conversation. I found myself laughing.

I don't know if I'll see him again; but it was nice.

Not to feel broken for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment