FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Time Warp....


It’s gone so quickly.

I met with the Estate Agent this morning, who is young, but, looking like the right person with whom to go - and, she’s already lined up a buyer to take a look at the place. And. Oh. Yeah. Can we do an open house this weekend? Sunday maybe?

Gulp.

Double Gulp.

I think I stammered out a yes. Lots of work to do before then; but I called Mags and she’s coming up on Friday, to help me whip this place into shape - that is, if I can get the doggies down south anytime soon. They certainly cannot be here - which means, I’ve got to find a way to trust B to administer the meds, in the right dosage, at the right times. Blast him - he cannot even do that for himself, but maybe the fear of having 200 pounds of dead dog on his hands will light a fire under his ass.

And speaking of lighting fires- you’d think this might spur me into doing something more productive and proactive than sitting here, contemplating getting a hair cut, but I think I’m in shock. Not the teensy kind either - the Holy God What Have I Done kind. Packing, looms ahead of me, should I move, and a job? Finding one, and whatnot. Not to mention changing schools for H. Finding new caregivers, and dog paths, grocery stores and fruit stands. And the work on the house, at least three months, give or take, of living in the upstairs, out of a mini-fridge, and a microwave. Not that I mind that part -hell, I’ll make it sound exciting to Fox, who’ll think we’re camping - and truth be told, that’s the only kind of camping I’d go for - but still. The dust. Noise. Expense. Choosing cabinetry and appliances, all over again…kind of daunting.

Plus. The garage on the other house is waaaayyyy smaller, so how am I going to cram all this stuff in there?

The absolute best part about all of this though, is that B is going to have to, for once and for all, get everything he’s ever had up here, out. Gone. Kaput. Finito. Which will be such a relief. No more ghosts of his hanging about, driving me nuts, with his passive aggressiveness.

Am I really doing this?

Quick. Someone pinch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment