FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, June 23, 2007

I think, I met someone.

Okay, so the long term potential is low…rating a possibly maybe - as in, most likely not, but. I’ve met someone. And I like him. And, he’s not the one from a previous entry - we already know I like him, and, we also are well aware that his short term, not to even mention his long term potential is nil - thus, imagine my surprise, when I sat, chatted, and came away wanting to see more of this guy that I met.

He works the nightshift, a good job though, comes with a fab uniform (cops usually do, you know) which totally surprises me that I’d like. Afterall, I don’t salivate over the UPS guy, and DHL? Please. It’d be like banging Ronald McDonald, whom I’ve always detested - partly because he has pissy hair like I do, and like I’d ever willingly pass that along to my children, and, I refuse to ever date a man who wears more makeup than I do. Plus also? It weirds me out that a children’s based chain would allow a freaky overdressed bigfooted clown around the kids, unattneded. Could be, I’ve inner clown issues, but I’m losing the main train here.

Right. The uniform. Which looks so yummy on him….I’d love to see what it looks like draped over a chair. Or on the floor. Or a counter. So originally, I gave some serious thought to whether I’d like him out of the uniform - as in, not naked an out of it, (see above); as in, he didn’t come in it. Wait.

Allow me to rephrase.

If he weren’t a cop at all.

Okay, so partly? I wondered, for a brief moment, if perhaps my fascination with him was due strictly to the fact that he’s acceptably safe - intrinsically safe - unlike my ex, B. Who is intrinsically….unsafe. And then, I recalled: I met him out of uniform. Before I even knew he was a cop. I liked his company. He made me laugh. We met through our kids, actually, and chatted while they were in classes together. He has a wicked sense of humor, thinks I’m hot, and tells me that, and, says I’m quite possibly the funniest human he’s ever met. He calls when he says he will, and gets it that I’m doing the naked mambo anytime soon. Respects that … and not in that creepy, annoying, I’m Just Saying I’m Okay With It To Get Laid way. I feel good about myself around him, which is HUGE to me, and, for the first time in a long time, I wanted to kiss someone, and let them touch me. I know! Shocked me too. Naturally, it took me three months to get his number, and about thirty minutes after I had it to use it.

But….and there’s a BIG but. He has kids. And does not want anymore. I do. That’s a HUGE issue. I mean, I totally respect him for making the choice, and….er….getting fixed; some people just know they don’t want any, some, or more children. However. I’m not sure I’d ever be truly happy with someone who’d already made that choice, and knowing me, still didn’t want any kids. Like there’d be something wrong with ushaving kids….

Most likely, it’s simply an outcropping of the Biggest Gun In The West Syndrome…I have to be the hottest he’s ever dated, better looking than his wife ever was, thinner…funnier…sexier..better at everything….which means too, I’d have to pop out better looking children. Which he doesn’t want, so already I’m down a point!

But. I suppose. I’m getting ahead of myself. Because really? I honestly enjoy his company; whether it’s a couple beers after his softball game, a cup of coffee before he goes in, or text messaging, or hanging out while the kids do their stuff. Being his friend means a lot to me - it’d be a friendship I’d treasure - and I don’t want to lose that.

He’s an amazing kisser though. He can pick me up. God. What a turn-on. In the uniform? To. Die. For.

So maybe, I should put all that other stuff aside for a bit, and go running with him, chat and laugh at the kids stuff, text him back, send him rediculously inappropriate jokes while he’s working, and think about him out of uniform.

He doesn’t have to be The One.

He might just be The One to christen the house with me before I sell it.

Now, wouldn’t HE like to know that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment