FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Going low


New low reached:

No longer baking for stress relief in my own real live ovens, I am now also baking (do you see the fire engine red face, extending to my collar bone? - or, clavicle, should anyone want to be sure I'm still studying) on FARMVILLE.

Yes.

It's mortifying enough to admit I'd addicted to Farmville.....I run to it when stressed out and overwhelmed the way some other people hit the bottle, snort cocaine, over eat...whatever their particular form of stress release is. I'd've possibly taken kick boxing back up; sadly, the jaw issues limit my ability to beat the ever living snot out of things (say, a punching bag, for example) or run the thirty miles a day I'd need to to work out some irritation. Honestly, I switched back to cleaning and organizing, only to find that sure, the house looked better, I feel better having company drop by unexpectedly (not that there's that much of that either) but it's not.....enough.

I'm back to baking.

I've done zucchini bread in copious amounts; thank goodness Football Moms enjoy it, or I'd have it coming out my nose. Cup cakes disappear to neighbors - cutie decorated ones? Not sure an irritated moment. Great whopping pile after pile of hand kneaded dog biscotti? Yeah......... more irritated in general.

Yesterday, I was at a meeting; it got particularly stressful, for everyone there, and what do I do?

Open to Farmville, start planting, working towards the new coffee cake recipe I've unlocked, the vegetable tart (that I might actually try to eat in "real" life) - yes, I can admit I hoard money on there; I'm nearly up to $2M. No, I don't need to be told I'm working out some of my current issues on Farmville: I plant, I harvest, I watch the time, so none of my crops wither and die; God forbid something else in my life withers or dies. Fox helps take care of the animals - because he wanted one, I allowed him to get a virtual dog - another foolish choice, I've got to make sure the damn thing gets fed everyday. All the other animals? They get little candy corn over their head to say they've been fed by the game, the dog? Demands dog biscuits, only friends may gift you.

Christ.

The whole point? Somewhere I wasn't pulled at, any responsibility on my shoulders!

Now however?

They gave me my very own Bakery. OMG. I have four ovens going at once; a multitude of recipes going I'd never be able to pull off in my own pint sized kitchen, miniature invisible sous chefs chopping, sorting, washing, hulling - that right there, having a series of servants - I mean helpers - quite relaxing. The fact that I get to tell them what to bake and when, how and for how long? (okay, some of that the game picks - but seriously, I get to tell them what to bake)

Soothing.

Everyone resorts to something in times of stress: death brings out the hams and sugar products, weddings bring out bitchy brides, sugary cakes and presents, mid-year stress?

Virtual sugar. Virtual hard labor digging in dirt. Planting. Weeding. Assisting other's farms (ahem, it pays me extra money and gas for my accumulation of vehicles -ones I picked out) plus also? There's shopping. Ran out of raspberries? No biggie. Hop into the market stall, and pick fresh, organic grown and loved raspberries. Coffee beans. Peanuts. I grow so many staples, so my invisible farmers won't starve, people are constantly stopping in to buy things from me. I'm not a walking pariah.

My pink rose garden? Soooo gorgeous. Gals opening spas? They come to me. They lust after my hand grown (uh.....kind of) pink roses, red tulips, bright yellow sun flowers.

Here?

I can't fail. I can make millions. I'm in charge.

Juvenile, I realize.

Though, I have admit: now that I've gone here?

It's quite possibly the lowest I can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment