FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, May 20, 2007

FREAK



So, I’m sitting there, doing a little Frantic Knitting, as the baby shower is in less than two weeks, and I’ve only done half the blanket, while this woman whose son in his H’s class ponies up to the chair next to me. I’m fine with that - I’m nothing if not chatty. And she starts.
He son, the oldest, is 18. (she has, I kid you not, at least a dozen children that I’ve personally seen, not to mention the ones hiding out in the cult at home) He’s evidently addicted to crack cocaine. He got diagnosed Bi-Polar II. Refuses meds. He’s also an alcoholic.
But, he’s shown remarkable improvement, now that he’s been baptised, and regiven himself over to Our Lord Jesus Christ. He’s even given up his addictions, overnight! Oh, she’s read about this kind of healing, but never seen it. I assume, she assures me, that this what The Great Book meant about miracles just arriving on ones doorstep, when ones faith is strong, and one prays morning til night for peaceful intervention. The police, she continued, are having a tough time believing in his Re-Birth, but she’s behind him one hundred and fifty percent. If only he’d stop stealing from her wallet.
Were this a movie, the camera guy would cut to me, the Slack Jawed Wide Eyed Staring Wonder, Just Barely Hanging Onto Her Composure.
I cannot decide if I’m going to laugh, or slap her.
I’m skipping the majority of her diatribe on how Bi-Polar disorder is wildly over-used, and really, there is no medical basis for it - it’s not in the Bible. How it’s all about a persons insecurity, stemming from lack of Unity With Christ, and an inherent fault on the parts of the parents, as they didn’t train him in the art of daily prayer. I camly interject here - that the behavoiral issues stem from a chemical imbalance in the brain, that medication is necessary in all but the most benign cases, and that she’s doing both her son, and society at large a grave diservice, not getting her son the help he needs.
I get it, that she’s not paying any attention, and that’s fine. She’s welcome to believe whatever she chooses - but here’s the thing: she’s setting her child up for yet another failure. She denied him the opportunity to go to a rehab facility, as it’s run by the Devil, and His Cohorts in Big Business; as are all the drug companies, and doctors. They’re taught by the Devil, as He’s the one who came up with Public Schooling, and the desire to not have God present there.
Yep, she home-schools. Which works for lots of people. Not me, really, but lots of folks swear by it, their children thrive, and all around they seem well-adjusted, if a little shy. These kids? Take a close look into their eyes, and you’ll see Budding Fanatic written all over them. I’m guessing here, that more of her brood are afflicted than just one, and home-schooling came about when (gee, shock me) her son got expelled from more than one institution. Guess why.
yep. The Devil had gotten hold of the teachers and demanded that he be removed for “behavoir only they see”.
It’s the most surreal half hour I’ve ever spent, and even his intructor commented upon it - I’d uttered one sentece, and nothing further. My mouth hung open. Gaping. I might have been drooling, I was so stunned.
It only snapped shut, slamming my teeth together when she said to me, that B and I were really good for each other, I’d just not gotten him and myself on the proper prayer schedule, and if I did that, we’d still be married today.
Mrs. P, the instuctor, heard that last part, pulled me aside and told me that her family was what they meant when the statement “it takes all kinds” came about. Clearly,she’s the All Kinds.
She sent us home, after wiping my chin. Told me Nathanial’s mother had that effect on a lot of people - at least this time she didn’t try to baptise me when I wasn’t looking with water from a concealed water bottle she keeps in her blessed hand bag.
She tries that trick, and she’ll meet baptism by Stinging Eye Fire from bear spray….that I keep in MY blessed handbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment