FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Nature is LOUD


I thought living in the country was supposed to be peaceful - aside, of course, from the noisy neighbors, rowdy dogs, and fleeting harley roaring by.

I forgot about Nature. You know. Bugs. And frogs. And cicadas, which are too big in my book to be classified as bugs, but just shy of say, edible lobster size. They stick to the screens on the windows, and man, they are loud. L. O. U. D. Loud. All night long. Not just when the lights are on.

All.

Night.

Long.

I just made the executive decision to turn off the heat (it IS May, for Pete's sake) but I'm not quite ready to ramp up the electric bill again with the ac...although, with the chorus going on, I may have to bite the bullet, because this is nuts. Whoever said if a tree falls in the forest, does it make any noise is a moron. EVERYTHING in the forest makes noise. Leaves. Grass. Little small animals with scratchy feet. Bugs. Lots of bugs.

And, the weather was beautiful today, til it hit 90. For those of you wondering, there is a little phenomenon that we miss out here in good ol' New England: Spring. We go from heat to ac, with very little in between. Yesterday, was a balmy mid-60s, with a mild breeze. (Heavy on the bug noise). Today was a blistering I nearly melted wearing navy blue summer day - no less lovely mind you, but quite a shock to the old system.

Some of us just don't downshift that fast.

Which leads me back to the symphony playing behind me - and I use the wordsymphony loosely - evidently, we went from dormant to downright irritatingly blooming with life in a nanosecond.

I'm all for nature. Planting trees, giving back to the Earth.

I just wish it would thank me.....

quietly

No comments:

Post a Comment