FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, July 6, 2007

Cookies, coffee, lip gloss

Last night, while navigating the intensly overwhelming emotional rollercoaster known as Life With My Ex, or, more aptly, the soap Opera version, As The Stomach Churns my phone buzzed.

I’ve got it on vibrate. You know, so it’s loud cheerful chirping and cute ringing doesn’t dislodge me from my full on Pity Party For One. I assumed that it was B, doing something completely stupid….again….and I’d have to go take care of it. Or his providing an actual itinerary for his comings and goings this weekend - but then, that would be planning and forthought, and we all know he’s not capable of either. I suppose it could have been E, whom I texted earlier, to see if he’d meet me for a beer - what with needing a friend and all. I had sent him one, telling him I just didn’t want to be alone, yesterday was just too hard, but his gf, that he’s considering dumping for the sheer reason that she thinks they’re attached at the hip, all the time, and he’s got no space was over, thus we’ve postponed.

I was still Angry Knitting, while watching Grey’s Anatomy, still slamming back chocolate chip cookies like shots. Nothing else was on after that - a CSI, but I’d already seen it, E was with Clingy Von Trapp, so I considred grabbing a beer to compliment my dinner of chocolate bar, and sleeve of cookies. (Really, what else did you expect on the menu at a full blown pity party for one?)

Picked up my phone, after surrendering the cookies and remote, only to find that J was back in town!! And, he missed me. Which slowed, significantly, the flow of cookies from the couch cushion to the yap, as karate is coming up next week, and I don’t need to put on any more weight. I think, I actually smiled, for the simple pleasure of hearing from him.

Which reminds me.

I really missed him! Not just the kissing part, though I won’t complain if he’d like to play a little catch-up, mostly, I missed his company. That unique brand of humor, and cop-voice, and bossiness he displays at work, but he lets me boss him around a bit, the swapping of off-color jokes, and swearing while running several miles. I love that he makes me smile just anticipating his text response, and that really, while B and His Stupid Family may never have thought I was enough, clearly other people did, and do. Okay. So I’m not totally over my issues with that.

it sure helps though to wake up to a wonderful text, where it starts out, Hey Beautiful.
Who doesn’t like to wake up to that?

He’s working tonight. Wonder if that means I should put on some coffee around ten.

And some lip gloss. You know. Just in case I get a kiss goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment