FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Been thinking....


....that always waiting for the other shoe to drop isn't quite fair - to me, or, really, more so, the Lovely Jonathan.

So I did the Thinking About Our Relationship Thing (I'm guessing here, that only women truly do this, or at least admit to it), and here's what I've come up with:

Pros:

He makes me laugh
He's great with my son
He's been there, when I'm having one of those Not So Great Days
He knows how to play with my hair, properly
He's handy, at all the things I'm not
He can admit when he's wrong, and, can apologize
We.....fit.....together, in lots of ways
We have the same annoying habit of cutting each other off mid-stream
He calls when he says he will
I love it that he ends his text/emails with "xoxo"
He is so into food, I think he should be a food critic
He's a GREAT dad
A great friend
It's more of a turtleneck than a shawl, thus, moved from Con to Pro column
He's really good to me, like, really good to me
He knows all my favorite detail things, and does it, just because - I like to wear his tees, to bed - he just pops them off and leaves them for me on my bed - I love that! knows I like tea, with honey in the am, how I take my coffee, will watch Girl TV
We have similar goals, taste in houses, shoes, pets - we've already named a dog we don't own, to live in a house we've seen, we talk about, that has drainage issues
He's romantic, thoughtful, hasn't noticed my bath towels are threadbare and need to be replaced as they're scratchy
His kids are great

Con:

Long haired cat
He thinks my dog should sleep on the ground (maybe she should, but I'm not ready to cave on that quite yet)
He's not fond of my Lilly Pulitzer
He doesn't think I should feed Pucker Up off a fork
He tends to wear his shoes in my house, forgetting to take them off
He chews in his sleep - not, however, that I've a leg to stand on - I kept him up all night grinding mine, so I suppose, that's not a fair one to list

Not a terribly impressive Con List.

Fantastically impressive Pro List.

Final analysis:

I think this could really go somewhere. You know what clinched it for me? When I realized that I'd be willing to (Oh. My. God. I can't believe that I'm about to admit this) let his cat live with me, even visit, and keep a kitty box for her while she's here. (not that I'll clean it) I mean, if this is going to go somewhere, (Mag's and I have, um, already picked out a dress) Pucker Up and Glenna (or Bitch Kitty as I call her) need to learn to get along.

Okay, so if cat ever came here, or we had a cat together, I'd be doing lots and lots of laundry; but let's face it: if the only issues we have is that to live with a cat, I have to have stuff washed more frequently?

I'd say we've got a pretty good start.

Plus also?

I really like him.

So I've decided my Lent/Easter item I'm giving up? Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

It's just quite possible he doesn't have any other shoes to drop.

*I know this, because he sent me a list of his shoes, so I could figure out if we'd have a closet space issue in our house we don't own, with drainage issues





2 comments:

  1. He sounds great; yes, stop looking for trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he know about the going steady thing that you love? If not, someone should. If he doesn't want to lose you, that is. He sounds great.

    ReplyDelete