FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dinner Date


I’m supposed to be showering off the effects of both a quite excitingly stressful day - started the new job - and, a VERY FUCKING STRESSFULL 36 hours, to get ready to head to the Capitol Grille for dinner, with M. I’m thrilled about dinner; I only wish that the last 36 hours could either be further away from now? or, not occurred at all. I’m exhausted, from the mental and emotional roller coaster ride; I’m quite fearful I’ll doze off during dinner.

Like before it’s even served.

However, in honor of this auspicious occasion, I’ve purchased a new pair of three inch black Ann Klein shoes, with the wicked cutie little bow on the peep toe, as really, one needs new shoes in times of stress. Plus. Ahem. M has already seen all the shoes I own - both pairs - so clearly, I needed to add to the er, collection.

I also added new undies, which I’m giving considerable thought to wearing under my cranberry swing coat (it’s 50s and raining out here) sans……………dress………………you know, just to see if he notices. :)They’re cranberry too.

As I’d gotten news that just proves how big a dick some people can be, I wanted new things that have never seen the eyes of a man, at least, not on me, so I wouldn’t be remotely reminded of HIM while out having a good time. Because, clearly, the Dylan Rules apply: no talking about exes, work, how life is a zoo…..only smiles, and laughter, having a great time, and remembering that life is fabulous, with much to offer.

So it’ll be a bit of a stretch on my end. I’ll let him do most of the talking. Or maybe, we’ll just stare into each other’s eyes all night. He’s sooooo damn funny. He sends me the email invite, from the Grille, complete with weather info! so I can plan accordingly, what I wear (yes, he already knows I’m a huge clothes horse…but so is he) and all I care about honestly, is spending the night with him. Staring at him. I cannot seem to get enough - only then, the room feels too hot, and I get all flustered, so I have to look away…only to be drawn back in. He has the most amazing eyes.

He’s too damn cute. He knows that I prefer to get to a great resturaunt, in time to have a snotty cocktail at the bar, partially sipped, so I can watch the matre’ di carry it to my table, while I sashay behind him in impossibly high but still comfy heels. Heels I’ll kick off, while ordering with impeccable manners, so I can tuck my toes up under me. I always find the chairs too damn low! I hate feeling as though I’m sitting at a high chair.

But………………………….already? Thinking about tonight? Lots of today just melted away.

I don’t know where the two of us are going?

But I kind of like where we are. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment