FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Chaos Theory


My parents are coming out to visit, tomorrow - and while I'm thrilled, I'm in a total snit...the house looks like shit. I realize, most people will tell me that a clean house is not a sign of good parenting, and that being fur-free is really saved for those that....ummm...don't actually own pets, (which clearly is not me) but I would like to, I don't know, eat at the big table. Find matching socks already in my child's drawer, so my parents don't have to watch, in terrified horror, as I dig through a huge basket of unmatched socks, in various stages of the Bleach process, trying to find some that qualify as Close Enough to be considered a true pair. Have towels that are dry to offer my guests, instead of handing them one of the five Hunter needs to use every night, just to "warm up" prior to donning his jammies. (I was always under the impression this is what that odd thing called a robe is for, but hey, what do I know? I'm just the mom) - and the big table? Littered with easter candy, toys, and the tic tac toe game that came with fuzzy chicks and bunnies.

I could totally clean that off...if you know, there wasn't that Scatter Down Theory working against me. You know the one: to move the game to it's rightful home, I'd have to move the blocks down to the basement, dust off the shelf, and then, once in the basement, I'd need to vacuum before putting the blocks back where they live, so they're not totally, disgustingly coated with fur...to clean the bathrooms, I already had to pile up the dirty clothes in the hallway, to dust the bedside tables, I had to take all the books downstairs, and then clean off the shelf they're supposed to live on, as it was in the My Policeman Game Tableua......so you can see my dilema.

Maybe, I should just book us all into a hotel, and tell them the house is being fumigated. One with a pool perhaps...no wait, that would mean I'd have to shave. Find the suit by digging in the attic for the summer clothes that are not currently in the closet...

yes. I realize exactly how pathetic my life is, just by rereading the snippet above. The funniest part? All these people that think I'm sooooo organized, and uncluttered, because I can do it to their houses.

I also totally realize that most of this issue I'm having is just that, my issue, but well. It's not my mom that's coming, it's my dad, and my step-mom, and I feel sort of as though I need to prove that I've got it all totally under control. I just wish I knew how to make it all look like a breeze, and not as though I took over a headless chicken's body.

Which means, I need to put on my Supermom Cape...if only I could figure out where I stashed it

No comments:

Post a Comment