FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ice Cold


I've taken to eating ice.

Copious amounts of ice.

Enough ice that our fridge is constantly set to Quick Ice. Two reasons for that really; one, I prefer the ice that is flash frozen as it contains more air, reaching the "right" consistency much more quickly than the non-flash frozen ice, and two? We run out of ice, otherwise.

Not a good plan, I've been informed, if (when) we run out of ice.

Turns out, other folks that live here enjoy ice in their drinks; however, they do not...say...enjoy the cube the same way I do. Currently, my water glass is indeed water, simply frozenish, sporting a long handled spoon, as for some odd reason, the littlier icy bits fall to the bottom underneath the Not Ready For Consumption ice.

Some people I won't name, (Jonathan) labeled my affection for The Cube as obsessive, or, (gasp) an addiction.

Seriously.

Who becomes addicted to ice? No. One. Do we, the anemic, enjoy the ice? Yes. Is it better than the other option anemic folks choose? Since they eat dirt, I'm going with a resounding yes. I could totally stop at any time....I simply don't want to. It's also a free, both financially and calorically snack, one I may indulge in whenever the mood strikes. This proves especially helpful when a houseful of halloween candy decorates nearly every bowl, tray, or oversized plastic bag on the table by the door.

See? Pass on the Snickers; grab a glass of ice. Should the ice be stuck together? Find a grapefruit spoon...part spoon, part ice pick. Fabulous!!!

I'm the first person to tell the kids not to eat ice; it's horrendous for your teeth, snapping the irreplaceable enamel right off their teeth. Or how they could choke on a not chewed bit. Knowing how vain I am about my teeth, Jonathan (and others) find this ..... concerning.

More in the addictive/obsessive category.

I disagree.

I think the whole thing harkens back to spending a year on a liquid diet, followed by another near year on another weird medically necessary diet, neither of which had any crunch. I'm not obsessed.

I'm making up for lost time.

Which is great, because I need to go.

I'm out of ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment