FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, February 14, 2011


I'm having a bit of a day, and it's not even noon.

"You might have to wash the couch cushions....again..." wafting through the open door of the room I'm attempting to clean makes my hair stand on end. Naturally, as Foxy's not feeling well, (sinus infection) I retorted gently.

"Okay honey, no big deal."

Except it IS a big deal. It's a HUGE deal. A sizable undertaking in it's own right, double so since I just cleaned the sofa. As in Friday. Or was it Thursday? Whatever. It's been cleaned recently. Quite recently.

Deep breath. Kids are messy; this is what I signed up for, as a parent, especially of the mud magnet little guy I have. Amazing little guy, don't get me wrong, but sometimes? Just every now and again, I wish he was a tad more fastidious. Then again, perhaps not. I'm not sure I could tolerate watching him eat pizza, a burger, true finger food with a fork, so his hands didn't get dirty.

Come to think of it, that would drive me bananas. Of course, the dog bed cover just washed YESTERDAY? Has uneaten (apparently, my Garbage Disposal located something she didn't care for) banana smashed into it.

I don't do fruit flies. So that goes back into the wash pile. A pile that should be shrinking, not growing.

The dishwasher, in a rare display of spunk of it's own, didn't open the little door to let out the soap packet; so last night's dishwashing? Useless. Redo. Drat.

My tea cooled; zapped to rewarm, only to find that when removed the cup was so hot I burned my hand.

I'm just about ready to throw in the towel.

I cannot imagine what this afternoon will bring.

A boat load of laundry to fold and put away, of that I am sure. Everything else?

I daren't touch; I don't want to give any other appliance ideas about taking on their own destiny and whatnot.


No comments:

Post a Comment