FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, April 23, 2010

Tying up loose ends....



Now that we're back from DC, I realized, much to my horror, that I'd done several stupid things:

 Packed so well the night before, that I packed my cell phone, in the suitcase, on silent. When I couldn't find the damn thing in my hand bag/up front car seat bag, I figured (naturally I didn't look for it til we were on the George Washington Bridge) that I'd left it at home.

Meant that I missed quite a few notices, updates, phone calls and texts, most of which deserve an apology of one kind or another, so, in no order of importance, but, in order of messages received:

To the friend that agreed to take Fucker Up and Shoot Me - er, my lovely Pucker Up - I completely blanked on that arrangement. I had that nagging feeling that I was forgetting something; yeah, because I was. Not that it's any excuse, but you know I've the memory capacity of a gnat, and I didn't write it down, so I did the thing I do best: booked the Panic Reservation at the Doggie Hotel, which slapped with me an extra fee, as I had to beg them to take her.

Nagging feeling persisted through the evening, into the wee hours of the am, when I finally dozed off, having checked the bag like 50 times for what I'd forgotten; it's a horrible feeling that, the Forgetting Something Really Important feeling.

Add in liquid Oxycontin they gave me for jaw, only to find myself with nagging feeling, just slightly hazier on what in hell it was I was supposed to remember.

Would have sworn on my life that I ran the fully loaded dishwasher. I recall putting in soap. I recall clearly, having to fill Jet Dry hole.

 Had I sworn?

I'd be dead.

Came home to horrendous odor of long overdue-to-be-washed milk-encrusted icky dishes, mouldering away in the dishwasher.

Made sure garage door was closed, front door locked....back sliders? Not locked. Sure, if someone really wanted to get in, all they had to do was break the windows, but why go through that effort, when I've essentially invited them inside?

I also missed an important call from a girlfriend with some long awaited news, of the either Fabulous, Let's Party! variety, or the Oh Fuck, Let's Go Get Drunk variety. Finally spoke to her last night; she called on Tuesday. I was her first call; we're going partying, but that part doesn't matter - I missed the damn call.

Kicking my own ass around the block.

There were some work things too, that needed my attention - another dropped ball.

I'd given out my vet's phone number as the back up person in case of emergency at the doggie hotel, without (ahem) reaching her to check if that was okay - it was - but I felt like a heel the entire time I was filling out the forms. Drunkenly, filling them out, might I add. That liquid stuff? Kicks ass. I could make a fortune if I sold it on the street....but I digress.

To all that are listed, and, God help me, all of you who are not, but got slighted anyway:

My deepest apologies.

I'd tell you about DC; but I'll save that for another post. Maybe later today, after I've finished beating myself up for not following my Usual Routine, which screwed me up royally.

Sure, I had all my undergarments. My toothbrush. My hairbrush. All the stuff I could replace, if I needed to.

I just managed to leave the most important stuff behind.

Sigh.

Naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment