FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Picture, please

Picture, please.


It never fails.

Men never change.

My sister, in Frisco, keeps hounding me about my non-dating status (apparently the one where the guy asked me to give his balls a massage with my toes while nibbling dim sum doesn't count) and how I should check out craigs list. So fine. I'm game for just about anything...

until I notice some frightening similarities to real dating.

One, no man on there, really, has a photo up, but the first thing they want in response, along with a witty, well written reply is a photo, so they can see if there is any chemistry. What, it only goes one way? I'm just supposed to roll over and get wet because some troll thinks I'm hot? If that were the case, folks, I might still be married.

For the record, don't bother trying to soften it up with "I know I should shallow, but attraction is important..." unless you're shopping for meat, or dragging a woman off by her hair, you are not the end all be all of attraction. Why is it okay for men to say they are attractive, and we, the dumb lambs are supposed to believe them, but we have to prove it?

I could get back up onto my sociological soap box, and tie in how this unfolds in the workplace, schools, various industries...but the muffins would burn, and I'd start off my day irritated. I'd rather not.

Two. What in hell is advernturous? Outdoors? Just a spirited woman up for any new journey? Sexually? Honestly, it's a lot like a woman saying she wants a good sense of humor. That's different for everyone, so for heaven's sake, try to use your words, and say what you mean.

I find a witty, charming, well written man sexy, and alluring - one who has command of the english language, and knows how to respect a woman. I'm flirty, fun, a lady in the front room (well. mostly) and a woman in the bedroom, but if you want to even get past the front door, you'd better post a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment