FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lilly......undercovers


There are no cute Lilly Pulitzer items on sale.

There are no cute Lilly items, at all.

Except for the blue jammies, with the white trim. That’s it.

Seriously. I know. You have a shocked face on for real, because when have I ever not like at least somethingfrom Lilly? They are practically known for being the one place on earth, save for say, Tiffany’s, where the box itself, with the Lilly logo on it is enough to send me into paroxisms of ecstacy. Yes, the box alone is nearly enough to induce spontaneous orgasms - and something inside the box?

Well. That’s an entirely indescribable joy.

However, I’ve paged through looking for even the basics - sumptuous cashmere in all sorts of colors, a simple cable knit; the long sleved printed button downs, which are sooo cutie tucked under the sweaters, to give off a hint of elan. Sort of how a great tie can dress up even the most basic suit. Usually, each season features some form of embroided jeans - a size 4, thank you, should you be purchasing any - only this year? You won’t be. The only pattern is this scary pink denim with swirly sparkly nonsense on it.

Where is my Basic Priss? My argyle? I cannot go through life without some pink argyle! Where are the sweaters, the baby cardigans in cotton so soft it melts through your fingers, the twin sets that are to die for, and last a lifetime? Where are the signature jeans? With the little animals on them? So, I didn’t care much for the horses they did one year, but I’m dying for them to do sheep - little white sheep, so I can darken one, you know, the black sheep. How cute would that be?!?!?!

I’m truly frightened by the pattern they’ve selected for their print dress - could be as I can’t pull off the style of the dress, so I’ll look for anything glaringly wrong with it, so the blame for it looking bad isn’t on me.

I could assume this is divine intervention - after all, I’ve purchased six pairs of shoes for Foxy in the last four weeks - in THREE DIFFERENT SIZES - so it’s fabulous that I don’t like any of it. I won’t be tempted to buy any. Or covet any.

Except the blue knit jammie cami and kint pants.

Please. If I didn’t want at least a little Lilly I’d be worried about me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment